UC Berkeley's computer science program is highly competitive and selective. Acceptance rates for the program vary from year to year, but typically range between 10-20%. The university looks for students who demonstrate excellence in all aspects of their academic lives, including grades, test scores and extracurricular activities. This article provides an overview of the acceptance rate for the program and answers some relevant FAQs.
Table Of Content:
- Studying Computer Science (CS) at UC Berkeley
- 2.8% acceptance rate for 2022-2023 freshman applicants who ...
- By the Numbers | EECS at UC Berkeley
- Your guide to UC Berkeley computer science masters acceptance rate
- Is Berkeley EECS harder to get into than MIT for undergrad (6% vs. 8 ...
- Berkeley CS
- Computer Science < University of California, Berkeley
- University of California Berkeley Electrical Engineering and ...
- UC Berkeley Computer Science Acceptance Rate | How hard is it to ...
- Is applying for EECS at Berkeley a bad Idea for me? - University of ...
1. Studying Computer Science (CS) at UC Berkeley
Apr 12, 2019 ... Berkeley's overall acceptance rate is 17%, but its Computer Science acceptance rate is only 8.5%. Berkeley continues to compete at an ...
2. 2.8% acceptance rate for 2022-2023 freshman applicants who ...
Aug 24, 2022 ... 2.8% acceptance rate for 2022-2023 freshman applicants who applied CS ; Energy Engineering, 19.63%, 19.64%, 7.84%, 28.71%.
3. By the Numbers | EECS at UC Berkeley
Percentage of freshman EECS applicants admitted for the 2020-21 academic year: 5.2% (EECS only) · Average time to undergraduate degree: 7.59 semesters (EECS & CS) ...
4. Your guide to UC Berkeley computer science masters acceptance rate
Jan 19, 2023 ... The computer science program at UC Berkeley has a 20% acceptance rate. It means that only 20 out of every 100 candidates will be accepted.
5. Is Berkeley EECS harder to get into than MIT for undergrad (6% vs. 8 ...
Most of the top ECE and CS programs have an acceptance rate under 20%. UIUC CS is ranked a couple spots lower and has an acceptance rate of about 15%, despite ...
6. Berkeley CS
Welcome to the Computer Science Division at UC Berkeley, one of the strongest programs in the ... CCB Seminar: Technologies to speed the rate of discovery.
7. Computer Science < University of California, Berkeley
There are two ways to study Computer Science (CS) at UC Berkeley: Be admitted to the Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences (EECS) major in the College of ...
8. University of California Berkeley Electrical Engineering and ...
Aug 21, 2022 ... The acceptance rate for the University of California, Berkeley Electrical Engineering & Computer Science is 8.5%. About UC Berkeley EECS.
9. UC Berkeley Computer Science Acceptance Rate | How hard is it to ...
The acceptance rate for the computer science program at UC Berkeley is 20%. This means that just 20 candidates out of every 100 will be accepted. The ...
10. Is applying for EECS at Berkeley a bad Idea for me? - University of ...
May 24, 2022 ... EECS acceptance rate is around 5%, similar to Stanford and MIT. Of course, it is still easier to admit to berkeley EECS because people ...
How competitive is UC Berkeley's Computer Science Program?
The program is very competitive, with acceptance rates typically ranging between 10-20%.
What other criteria do they look at besides my GPA and test scores?
In addition to good grades and test scores, UC Berkeley looks at a student's activity in extracurricular activities, work history and volunteer experience. They also consider personal characteristics such as communication skills, initiative and creativity when assessing a potential student’s candidacy.
What year did UC Berkeley start offering its computer science program?
UC Berkeley has been offering its computer science program since 1964. It was one of the first universities to offer a comprehensive computer science curriculum in the United States.
Is there any way to increase my chances of being accepted into the program?
Students are encouraged to work hard in school and maintain good grades and test scores in order to best prepare themselves for admission into UC Berkeley's Computer Science Program. Additionally, getting involved in extracurricular activities can help demonstrate qualities that may not be apparent on paper such as initiative or communication skills.
Does UC Berkeley accept transfer students into its Computer Science Program?
Yes, UC Berkeley does accept transfer students into its Computer Science Program provided they meet certain requirements such as completing specific coursework prior to applying or obtaining a certain GPA while attending another college or university.
In summary, UC Berkeley's Computer Science Program is highly selective with an acceptance rate typically ranging from 10-20%. In order to maximize their chances of admission applicants should ensure that they have excellent grades and test scores as well as involvement in extracurricular activities during high school or college years which demonstrate qualities such as initiative or communication skills. Transfer students are also welcome provided they meet certain criteria.