Physical therapy schools in California offer both a well-rounded education and clinical experiences that prepare students for successful careers. The physical therapy curriculum consists of science courses, practical skills courses, and clinical rotations that are tailored to meet the needs of each individual student. This comprehensive education prepares graduates to work in a wide range of settings, including hospitals, clinics, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and research institutions.
Table Of Content:
- Physical Therapy Schools in California
- The 10 Best Physical Therapy Schools in California - collegegazette ...
- Physical Therapy Degree Programs Available in California
- Doctor of Physical Therapy | CSU
- Best Physical Therapy Schools in California in 2022 | Updated |
- List of PTCAS Programs - APTA
- Physical Therapy | California State University Long Beach
- Best Physical Therapy Programs - Top Health Schools - US News ...
- 5 Affordable PT schools in CA
- 10 Best Physical Therapy Schools in California - Own Your Own ...
1. Physical Therapy Schools in California
Azusa Pacific University · California State University-Fresno · California State University-Long Beach · California State University-Northridge · California State ...
2. The 10 Best Physical Therapy Schools in California - collegegazette ...
Jul 16, 2021 ... The 10 Best Physical Therapy Schools in California · 10. California State University, Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) · 9. California State University ...
3. Physical Therapy Degree Programs Available in California
May 15, 2020 ... On Campus DPT Programs in California ; Azusa Pacific University · Azusa, California ; Chapman University · Orange, California ; Loma Linda University ...
4. Doctor of Physical Therapy | CSU
Doctor of Physical Therapy ... Find a CSU campus offering a Doctor of Physical Therapy program and what's needed to earn a degree. ... Long Beach CA 90802.
5. Best Physical Therapy Schools in California in 2022 | Updated |
Best Physical Therapy Schools in California in 2022 | Updated | ; UC San Francisco and San Francisco State University · Shadowing Hours – 150 Hours minimum ; USC ...
6. List of PTCAS Programs - APTA
Below is a list of accredited DPT education programs granted full accreditation or candidacy status by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy ...
7. Physical Therapy | California State University Long Beach
The mission of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at CSULB, is to advance physical therapy practice through high quality teaching and research ...
8. Best Physical Therapy Programs - Top Health Schools - US News ...
These are the top schools to train physical therapists at the doctorate level (DPT). ... University of Southern California. Los Angeles, CA. #4 in Physical ...
9. 5 Affordable PT schools in CA
May 17, 2021 ... Cheapest PT schools in CA: ; Location, School, Total Tuition ; Sacramento, Sacramento State, $77,382 ; San Francisco, UCSF/SFSU, $74,412 ; Fresno ...
10. 10 Best Physical Therapy Schools in California - Own Your Own ...
Jan 11, 2023 ... 10 Best Physical Therapy Schools in California · 1. California State University, East Bay – Public University · 2. California State University, ...
What are the admission requirements for physical therapy programs in California?
The admission requirements for physical therapy schools vary from school to school; however, all programs generally require applicants to have a bachelor's degree with coursework in biology, chemistry, and/or physics. Additionally, many schools require letters of recommendation from faculty or other professionals in the field of physical therapy.
How long does it take to complete a physical therapy program?
Most physical therapy programs in California are three years in length and consist of two years of didactic coursework followed by one year of clinical rotations. During this time period, students must also pass the National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE).
What type of career options do graduates have after completing a physical therapy program?
After completing a physical therapy program in California, graduates may pursue numerous career opportunities. These include roles as an orthopedic clinician or specialist; working with sports teams or individuals; providing treatments for people with neurological disorders; working in rehabilitation centers; or engaging in research studies on new technologies or therapies.
Are there any online physical therapy programs available?
While some courses related to physical therapy may be offered online, most accredited degree programs still require students to take classes and clinical rotations on-site at their chosen institution.
Students interested in pursuing a degree in physical therapy should seek out accredited schools offering high quality instruction combined with significant clinical experience. With the right training and dedication, graduates can expect to find employment in numerous healthcare settings within California and beyond.