Establishment and Location of the National University of BangladeshThe state run university was established in 1992. Bangladesh president Abdul Hamid is the chancellor of National University of Bangladesh. It is located in the outskirts of Dhaka city, Gazipur. The university has almost 2,097,182 enrolled students, 159,375 academic staffs and 1051 administrative staffs. Its affiliated colleges are located all over the country. Although it has huge number of students, it has maintained its standard all over the year since its establishment.
Academic Units in National – University of BangladeshThere are mainly four academic units in NU of Bangladesh. They are as follows:
- School of Under Graduate Studies
- Centre for Post-Graduate Studies Training & Research
- Phil./Ph.D Program Unit
- Centre for Curriculum Development and Evaluation
National University of Bangladesh DepartmentsThere are several departments in NU of Bangladesh. Off them, main departments are given below.
- Faculty of Arts: Subjects like Bengali, English, Arabic, History are included here
- Faculty of Business Studies: This department includes Accounting, Management, Marketing, BBA etc
- Engineering Department: Only two engineering subjects, CSE and EEE are included here
- Faculty of Technology: Subjects like FDT, KMT, AMT are included here
- Faculty of Science:Core science subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Statistics can be found here
- Social Science Department: Law, Economy, Social Science, Geography, Psychology are included in this department