- Dhaka Stock Exchange is one of the most important trading places in Bangladesh.
- It was founded in 1954 and over the last 68 years, it has been the primary place in terms of share market exchanges in our country.
- Dhaka Stock Exchange has a combined market capitalization of 68 billion dollars as per as the estimation of last year.
- Number of listing available on Dhaka Stock Exchange is 625 according to Wikipedia.
- DSE board is consist of members from Bangladesh Bank, ICB, and other business and related chambers of Bangladesh.
- The stock exchange is open for trading from Sunday to Thursday from 10 am to 2:30 pm according to BST.
- Current chairperson of Dhaka Stock Exchange is Md. Eunusur Rahman.
- The stock exchange is basically a public limited company and it is formed and managed under Company Act of 1994., Security and Exchange Commission Act 1993 and few other related laws.
- Stock exchange in Dhaka Stock Exchange is often linked with huge market risks and the last collapse of Share Market happened on 2010 December and January 2011 where millions of investors became bankrupt as a horrific result of the crash.
Dhaka Stock Exchange Share PriceIt is a most important term to know and understand when it comes to sharing market operations. To work and get dividends from Dhaka Stock Exchange, one needs to have clear idea on Share price and regular updates of it. It should be noted that DSE’s latest share price is based on estimation and it can be done by taking calculative risk and related analysis. According to Wikipedia, the issued capital of a company can be as much as 500,000 and it can be divided up to 250 shares where each share will be of Tk. 2000.
LTP: LTP means Last Traded Price YCP: YCP stands for Yesterday’s Closing Price CLOSEUP: Closing PriceNo firm can buy more than one share as it is mentioned in the share market rule. Only the enlisted companies and members can participate on the floor which is used to buy and sell shares in Dhaka Stock Exchange. In addition to that, you need to understand trade code to get an assumption of high and low points of a share price and also some important terms like- LTP (Last Traded Price), YCP (Yesterday’s Closing Price), and Close Up or Closing Price are also important. We will suggest you research these terms to have more ideas on this.